Sunday, January 31, 2010

Positive Online Presence

Readings this week revolved around conversational marketing. I watched the video "Conversational Marketing" and read the article, "Why Conversational Marketing Requires Fundamental Business Change."

Each of these made me think of on-line personalities that I follow closely. I realized that I continue to follow these figures because they adhere to the three items that the second article says are required for conversations on-line with consumers.

Conversations must be:

  1. On-going
  2. Two-way
  3. Authentic
A personality and businessman that I follow is Gary Vaynercuk. Gary started off in the wine business, but now touts his social media skills and advice across the country. He seems to be making a healthy living with this, but throughout it all, he adheres quite strictly to each of the three above rules. He continuously talks about being genuine in business and, quick to address issues personally, does anything that is possible to please his customers (I have read many positive stories about his business' excellent customer service quality).

If you ever want to check out a guy that knows how to handle himself and cares for his customers (on-line and otherwise) like no other, look up Gary Vaynerchuk. And if you want to watch some fun videos of his wine ultra-unique wine tastings, check out Wine Library TV. It's definitely not low on energy.




2 comments:

  1. i missed gary vee on campus when he talked about "crush it" but i've watched a lot of his you tube videos. he's a little too self righteous for me but i can see why he has such a strong following of fans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard you talk about Gary...I guess I should watch some of his videos now to see how he adheres to the rules of conversational marketing.

    ReplyDelete