Sunday, February 14, 2010

Follow me

In our readings this week, we see a lot of discussion regarding Mobile Social Networking Software, aka "Mososo" (see Gloria Goodale's article below). This is clearly where the majority of mobile communication is headed. Sure we need to make business phone calls and read a few emails. But the rest of it? It's all going social.

What else would keep us on our phones for so long? Do you think high school and college kids are checking school emails all day, running up their parents' bills? Heck no.

I've recently (read: in the past year) seen a huge explosion of photos that have been uploaded via a mobile phone. Once the cameras on these devices reach the quality of digital cameras, I'm sure we'll see most pocket-sized cameras disappear. Who wants to take a photo, wait to get home, plug the thing in to their computer, upload to their desktop and THEN upload it online? Nobody.

I love being able to upload a photo (or other quick personal information) online. I can let my friends see what I'm up to more quickly, I get much faster feedback.

Being able to share the fun I'm having on a trip in the height of the fun is just that much more fun. It's only the tip of the iceberg. I can't even imagine the programs that will be developed over the next few months that will take this to a whole new level. Keep following me on your iphone to find out!



3 comments:

  1. Definitely a lot of possibilities for the future of mobile social networking! I need to graduate to a phone with Internet access so I can join the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. location based services is going to be huge! imagine being able to take your phone and hold it up to a monument in spain and get instant information about what it is, when it was built, and why it's relevant. i can't wait for things like that to go mainstream so that the mobile fun can continue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The possibilities are endless because now when I am on the metro or around town and I see a person with a horrific outfit...I can take a pic, upload it, share with friends and instantly they know where I was when it happened...

    I wouldn't personally do that... but with MoSoSo its definitely an option :) hehe!

    ReplyDelete