Saturday, February 20, 2010

Note to self...

I've GOT to remember to use LinkedIn more. This site is truly fantastic for job hunting. On the surface, it looks as though I'm a great user. I've got my profile up and running, complete with a detailed resume, contacts and even recommendations.

But I need to use it to find a job! I keep forgetting that I'm in the midst of a pretty major job hunt here. LinkedIn should be - and will be - my new best friend. I've heard some great stories about LinkedIn connecting people to their dream job. With any luck and a good bit of effort, I hope to write a blog on here soon about finding that dream job.

The second article on Mashable (great website, by the way) mentioned LinkedIn's "spiffy" iPhone app. They were right. It IS pretty spiffy. But it's lacking the one thing I need. I can't search for jobs on it! Isn't that the point? Or at least one of the major points?

Maybe I'm getting a little too mobile-greedy. I think my last post has me expecting to be able to do everything in the palm of my hand. Soon enough! Until then, it's off to job hunt on this ol' laptop of mine...

4 comments:

  1. linkedin is fantastic for job searching! feel free to connect with me since i live and die by the site. i've got over 360 professional connections who might be able to help your job search! it's a numbers game so linking up with people who've got a vast network will definitely help propel you towards endless possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the motivation going Austin. With the determination you have - you will definitely land something great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Olivia has a lot of faith in you, Austin. How strange...kidding!

    I agree, LinkedIn seems to be critical for job searching these days. I need to be better about using it! Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize the potential with LinkedIn until KSB 072 and the articles...Knowing how search for people/companies based on industry & desired job, adding a variety people and creating a brand online are simple ways to make the best out of it...I guess that means I need to sign up, right? o_O hehe!

    ReplyDelete